This charming original log home is set amongst rock fences and mature maples on 80 acres of reforested farmland. Ideal for those looking for a quiet getaway within easy reach of both summer and winter activities, including swimming, waterfalls, the Bruce trail, historic sites, rail trails for hiking, cycling, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.
Within a 30-50 minute drive are spectacular beaches, downhill skiing at Blue Mountain and Talisman, and the famous Bruce Peninsula.
- The Settler's Loft sleeps up to 5 people, or up to 9 people if you also book Hudson's Hideaway.
- The Settler's Loft has a main floor living area with basic kitchenette facilities, a dining area, and sitting area. Upstairs is the "loft" bedroom that sleeps 3 in queen and twin beds, plus a separate master bedroom with queen bed, sofa, and double terrace doors to a secluded balcony overlooking the surrounding natural setting. This suite also features a 4-piece en suite bathroom with pedestal tub and electric fireplaces.
- Hudson's Hideaway is a basement suite in the home that sleeps up to 4 guests. This suite has two bedrooms - one with a queen bed and one with 2 singles - as well as a 3-piece bathroom. This suite is available when booking the Settler's Loft for an additional $75/night, bringing the total number of possible guests to 9.
- These suites have been renovated in one half of an old log homestead. They have their own entrances, separate from the other unit, which is home to Jane's parents, Alvin and Jean.
- We do not rent these suites to separate groups at the same time, so you will have the privacy of being the only group on the property, besides Alvin and Jean.
- Jams, jellies, and relishes, grown and preserved on Settler's Farm, are stocked in the suite and can be purchased for $5. Fresh homemade tea biscuits made by Jean are also available for $6/half dozen or $10/dozen Please let us know ahead of time if you would like tea biscuits prepared for your stay.